- Written by Administrator
- Category: Jobs
- Published: 08 January 2019
- Hits: 8
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
Must have at least six (6) months of experience related to the job
- Adequate knowledge in networking hardware such as CISCO, HP, Juniper, Dell and Allied Telesys and any of the firewall appliance / UTMs such as: Palo Alto, Fortigate, Sonicwall, Checkpoint etc.
- Technical working knowledge on the following:
- VPN/IP SEC internet technologies and WAN Optimization both on IPv4 and IPv6
- Network applications and services such as Web/portals, email, GSM and SMS gateways, VoIP, IP Multicast and Video networks
- Network Management Systems (NMS) Performance Management Technologies, tools and platforms such as MRTG/SNMP, netflow, Syslogs or (Proprietary systems like HP IMC or IRF, Ciscoworks, SpiceWorks, Solarwinds etc.)
- IP addressing and subnetting management
- High Availability network, Load balancing and fail over technique
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer systems and servers related to LAN and WAN, VoIP, security and network equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability of services of authorized users;
- Design and create computer networks, network topology and network engineering (e.g. internet, intranet, VPN, FTP Servers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient computer operations;
- Install and tests servers software on a variety of platforms (e.g. application software, operating system, hardware upgrades, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining DILG LAN/WAN and VoIP systems;
- Maintain network operations and software applications (e.g. servers, file, WEB, database, proxy, etc.) operating systems, server backup, routine maintenance programs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient operations;
- Manage assigned projects and program components (e.g. migration to new systems, scheduling installations, product research, etc.) for the purpose of delivering services in compliance with established guidelines and/or objects;
- Participate in a variety of planning and development activities for the purpose of creating short and long range plans for the ongoing support to the department;
- Prepare written materials (e.g. procedures, system level documentation, reports, site surveys, operational documentation, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and /or conveying information;
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and/ or software applications within DILG’s local and wide area networks, IP Telephony, and security systems (e.g. servers, router/switch, network protocols, etc.) for the purpose of resolving operational issues and restoring services;
- Performs related duties as required especially on documentations perhaps on preparing written references and materials (e.g. procedures, system level documentation, reports, site survey, operational documentation, etc.) for the purpose of information dissemination.
Contract Duration: six (6) months
Note: These positions are open to all qualified applicants regardless of gender, civil status, disability, ethnicity and/or religion.
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and send to the address below.
1. Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017) which can be downloaded at www.csc.gov.ph;
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Photocopy of Transcript of Records.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to hand in or send through courier/email their application to:
ENGR. ARIEL O. IGLESIA
OIC Regional Director
Department of the Interior & Local Government
Pepita Aquino St., Fort San Pedro, Iloilo City
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
date posted: 2019.01.09